It's been about four months since I stopped blogging over at PlaysOne. I've unofficially decided to retire that blog in favor of writing something new that reflects what my life looks like now. Which is, um, different.
For example, this is my PlaysOneOnTV blog introduction:
I live and work in New York. It bleeds me dry and makes me feel like a failure 95% of the time. The other 5% I'm probably curled up on my couch watching Grey's Anatomy re-runs or something. I'm not successful, beautiful, thin or trust-funded enough to compete here -- yet here I am. I have a mass amount of debt that I'm trying to pay off; an expensive apartment that is largely held together with tape; a job that demands too much and pays little; a bigger butt than I would like and I thought I'd be married and published by now. I'm a late twentysomething who is trying/acting/fooling myself...?
Now? I'm still poor as hell here in New York, but I haven't watched Grey's Anatomy in probably a year. I long moved out of the apartment that was held together with tape. That experience was, ahem, so rewarding. I still have debt and a big butt, but I managed to snag a great Queens boy and I'm immensely enjoying starting our lives together.
The world as I saw it in October is less bleak - if you don't count Egypt - and, for the first time in a very long time, I am looking forward to my future. There will be puppies and rainbows and babies.