Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Eco-Conscious Registries

As just about everyone who knows me knows, I am a bit of an environmentalist. And while making less of a negative impact on the planet is incredibly important to me, I've also been pretty excited to register for fun kitchen tools, fluffy bedding and the occassional "I'll probably never use that, but hey, I might and it looks super cool!" item. Other than marrying my best friend, registering may be the most important part of this wedding. Gifts, obviously, come a very distant second to that, though. Matt's awesome.

When I asked Matt if he'd like to help with the registries, our conversation went something like this:

Me: "I'm going to start our registries. Would you like to help, or do you not really care?"

Matt: "Well, I don't know what we need."

Me: "We need some things and we can upgrade on some others."

Matt: "Can we register for a bigger TV?"

Me: "Yes."

Matt: "Awesome. I've contributed."

Since we got engaged, I've devoured The Green Bride Guide. There are a lot of great suggestions for brides like me to avoid getting sucked into the $120 million a year wedding industry (I Googled that... that number is for real. Also, the average cost of a wedding in Manhattan is $72,000... yeah, I'll pass), and keep their weddings as eco-friendly as possible, regardless of budget.

Putting on my environmentalist hat first, and my "oooooh, that's pretty!" hat second, I've chosen three major retailers that have many eco-friendly/recycled/organic options. I love the items that I've chosen, and, if one of our guests chooses to get us a gift, I hope that they'll notice the green theme. I like that they have some options as well.

Crate & Barrel

Target (I even got to add a cute picture of us!)

West Elm wishlist

That was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment