Friday, January 25, 2013

The cart-before-the-horse bride

It's not much of a secret that I'm not a big fancypants kind of wedding gal. I'm just not. Will the chairs match the napkins that match the invitations that match the paper towels in the restrooms? This bores me. Although, I totally get why some people love it. There are probably only a handful of days in one's life that you ever really have control of, and a wedding day is probably one of them. I may be a Type-A personality in many, many other things, this ain't it.

What I have done, however, is taken my Type-A budgeting skills and rocked out on some dollars and cents/sense for the big day. Budgeting moy importante when you're aiming to pay for most of your wedding yourself. In New York. The most expensive place in the universe.

After I mastered that budget, though, I found myself getting a little distracted. Like, I may have starting emailing creative geniuses I found on Etsy to create bridal party gifts. Before I have a venue for the bridal party to stand in. I'm THAT bride. The "oh, wouldn't it be amazing if I had yellow tulips in my bouquet because I loooove yellow tulips" chick who, as I mentioned, doesn't even have an aisle to walk down yet. I can check a good five things off my list that were scheduled for May right now. But where I'm going to host these 90 wedding guests? No idea.

Okay, so that's not true. I have an idea. Mostly. I've narrowed it down from a zillion places to, like, ten. 160 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment